Welcome to The Old Butchers Shop website.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully as they cover your relationship with The Old Butchers Shop and all orders you place with us. By using this website or placing an order, you are agreeing with these terms and conditions in full. If you do not accept these terms and conditions you will not be able to order with us and should leave this website.
We may update or revise these terms and conditions from time to time. You should periodically check this page for changes.
Understanding these terms & conditions
- When we refer to “we”, “us”, or “our”, we mean The Old Butchers Shop.
- When we refer to “you” or “your” we mean you, the individual accessing our website or placing an order with us.
- “Website” means this website, www.oldbutcherspett.co.uk
- “Products” means the goods available to purchase on our website.
- “Order” means the products you have purchased on our website and scheduled for delivery.
- “Delivery” means the physical delivery of the order you have placed on our website.
- “Order deadline” means the point in time after which your order is processed and cannot be modified or cancelled.
www.oldbutcherspett.co.uk is a website operated by Sarah Whiteman (“We”), based in Guestling, nr Hastings, East Sussex, UK. You can contact us by using the details in the footer on each page of our website.
Accessing our site
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our site, or our entire site, to users who have registered with us.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them. You are responsible for all activity on your account and any orders that are placed, modified, or cancelled under your password. If you suspect that someone else knows your password, you should contact us immediately and change the password via your account on our website.
Intellectual Property Rights
We are the owner, or licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws around the world.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in anyway, and you must not use any pictures, photographs, video or audio sequences separately from any accompanying text.
Our status and that of any identified contributors as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
We regularly review the prices of our products and may change them without notice.
We take care to ensure product descriptions, pictures, prices and information are accurate. However, we do not accept liability for any inaccuracies, errors or omissions.
Many of our suppliers are independent, small-scale farmers or producers, so all products are subject to availability.
Our products are priced by unit. We show the weight price for guidance only. Due to the nature of our products the minimum and maximum weight cannot always be guaranteed. As such, products may not always meet the exact criteria stated on our website. We will not accept liability for underweight or overweight products. The published price is the unit price. We will, however, always endeavour to meet weight expectations and the minimum weight.
All product prices are inclusive of any applicable VAT.
Allergens: Whilst every precaution is taken to minimise cross contamination in the production of our food, we cannot guarantee that trace elements of allergens do not exist. Our food production areas also handle products containing ALL 14 allergens: MILK, NUTS, EGGS, NUTS, PEANUTS, FISH, CRUSTACEANS, MOLLUSCS, CEREALS, SOYA, SULPHITES, CELERY, LUPINS, MUSTARD.
Any allergens that make up part of the ingredients of our products are stated on the product label. If you have specific dietary requirements and/or are unsure about the suitability of any of our products then please contact a member of our team for further information.
You must ensure you provide The Old Butchers Shop with details of a valid credit or debit card. You may make changes to your payment details by updating them via your account on this website or by contacting our customer service team. Do not send payment card details via email.
Your payment information is stored within our systems and we do our utmost to ensure the security of these details. Your card details are encrypted, stored and processed by a fully PCI compliant third-party provider and are inaccessible to any The Old Butchers Shop staff or any other third party.
We reserve the right to suspend or cancel your order, or deliveries to you, if we are refused authority from your card issuer for payment or if a payment has been rejected by your bank. You must contact us to arrange payment and wait for that payment to go through before you can place another order.
At this time we only deliver to TN34, TN35, TN36, TN37 & TN38 postcodes.
Delivery charges, or minimum spend apply. Deliveries for orders over £30 are free. All other deliveries will be charged at £3.00 unless a discount code is applied.
Deliveries are made using our own drivers and vehicles. If you require delivery to other TN postcodes please contact us direct to see if this is possible. We are not operating Nationwide Delivery at this time.
We DO accept “Click and Collect” orders for collection at our shop. Proof of purchase will be required at collection, either printed or as an email.
Complaints, returns and refunds
We want you to be completely satisfied with the products you order from us. If you have any problems, or if for any reason you are not happy with your goods, please contact us and we will do our best to resolve the situation.
Refunds or product replacements are made entirely at our discretion, this is because most of our goods contain fresh and perishable food items. Our food is likely to have a Best Before date within only a few days of delivery of the goods. Therefore we only will accept refund or exchange if goods are not as described or arrive damaged.
If you change your mind about an order before it is delivered, or we need to cancel an order as the goods are not available then a full refund will be issued.
Liabilities, Warranties & Applicable Law
- We accept no liability in relation to representation, including unforeseeable losses, and losses to a business (loss of reputation, profits, trade or trade opportunities)
- Our entire liability under these terms and conditions will not exceed the purchase price of the products in question.
- We shall not be liable for any delay or failure in the performance of our obligations due to events beyond our reasonable control.
- You are not entitled to assign, sub-license or otherwise transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with British law.
- If any of the provisions in these terms and conditions are found to be invalid by a court having jurisdiction, then the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of any other provisions within these terms and conditions.
Offers & promotional codes
We may offer certain promotions for eligible customers. If you have a promotional code, please ensure you enter it where prompted in the shopping basket before confirming your order. If your promotional code qualifies, your deduction and the promotional code will be displayed in the shopping basket.
- You may only use one promotional code per order. Promotional codes cannot be applied retrospectively to orders that have already been placed or delivered to you.
- Promotional codes and offers have no cash alternatives.
- We reserve the right to cancel orders or accounts if an unauthorised promotional code is used.
- We reserve the right to end offers or promotions at any time.
- All of our offers and promotions are subject to specific terms and conditions.
Policy updated February 2022